    I've got a live camera image I'd like to make the browser window reload
    the pic or at least the whole page every few minutes. What's the best
    way to do this?

    CB, Jan 7, 2004

  2. CB wrote:
    > I've got a live camera image I'd like to make the browser window
    > reload the pic or at least the whole page every few minutes. What's
    > the best way to do this?

    or

    <script>
    function reload() {
    location = "this.html"
    }
    setTimeout("reload()", 1000);
    </script>

    Disco Octopus, Jan 7, 2004

    Leif K-Brooks, Jan 7, 2004
  4. CB

    CB Guest

    Where's your ;) smart guy.

    CB, Jan 7, 2004
  5. CB

    CB Guest

    Thanks Disco! Actually, seems all I need is:

    In article <PNLKb.1764$>, Disco Octopus

    CB, Jan 7, 2004
  6. CB wrote:
    > <> wrote:

    > Thanks Disco! Actually, seems all I need is:

    > In article <PNLKb.1764$>, Disco Octopus

    Actually, you may want to test that in some browsers, aas it 'may' break the
    back button. good luck.

    Disco Octopus, Jan 7, 2004
  7. CB

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 04:19:59 GMT, Disco Octopus declared in alt.html:

    What if your visitor doesn't want it to reload that often? (Think:
    dial-up, or people using IE with more than one window open[1]). Plus,
    some browsers have the option to disable meta refresh.

    > <script>
    > function reload() {
    > location = "this.html"
    > }
    > setTimeout("reload()", 1000);
    > </script>

    Won't work for around 15% of your visitors.

    To the OP: Much as you might not like it, Leif's solution is both the
    best for your visitors and the most reliable.

    [1] I hate the way IE brings the window to the front when a page
    finishes loading.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Jan 7, 2004
  8. CB

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 16:11:28 +1100, Mark Parnell declared in alt.html:

    > On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 04:19:59 GMT, Disco Octopus declared in alt.html:

    > What if your visitor doesn't want it to reload that often? (Think:
    > dial-up, or people using IE with more than one window open[1]). Plus,
    > some browsers have the option to disable meta refresh.

    Whoops, almost forgot - it breaks the back button too (thanks Disco).

    Mark Parnell, Jan 7, 2004
  9. CB

    rf Guest

    [top posting corrected]