    The more laws and order are made prominent,
    The more thieves and robbers there will be.
    --Lao-tzu
    B r ia n, May 28, 2005

  2. B r ia n <> wrote:

    > About 5 years ago someone posted a message saying he'd received
    > feedback from his website users telling him they found his logo
    > offensive, and at first he couldnt see why:
    >
    > http://www.mercurytears.com/buzzlogolarge.gif

    Ah, yes. I remember it fondly. A rather unfortunate arrangement of
    beaver and buzzword.

    > from buzz.ca (which iooks to be defunct now)

    Difficult to imagine as that is...

    --
    Joel.
    Joel Shepherd, May 28, 2005

  3. "B r ia n" <> skrev i melding
    > I was digging through my old backup files from a few years ago and
    > found a gem.
    >
    > About 5 years ago someone posted a message saying he'd received
    > feedback from his website users telling him they found his logo
    > offensive, and at first he couldnt see why:
    >
    > http://www.mercurytears.com/buzzlogolarge.gif
    >
    > from buzz.ca (which iooks to be defunct now)

    Your friend must have a very dirty mind, then. I didn't see anything wrong
    with it at first, but when Joel mentioned something about "a rather
    unfortunate arrangement of beaver and buzzword", I did notice the odd shape
    of the white outline around the beaver and the name of the website. Took me
    about 30 seconds extra just to specifically look for anything that could be
    remotely offensive about that logo.

    --
    Kim André Akerø
    -