remembering link that was clicked

slim___shady

On my site the homepage is accessible by all. The other pages need a password.

When a visitor clicks a link, they get redirected to the login page instead
of the page that they want to see. That part is under control.

If they provide the right password, they need to be sent to the page that
they clicked. How do I do that?

I'm using ASP and Access.

Michael Rawi

You can use a session variable ex.session("logged"). If user have logged,
redirected them to the page you want and fill the variable with 1 / true or
something

John Blessing

slim___shady said:
On my site the homepage is accessible by all. The other pages need a
password.

When a visitor clicks a link, they get redirected to the login page
instead
of the page that they want to see. That part is under control.

If they provide the right password, they need to be sent to the page that
they clicked. How do I do that?

I'm using ASP and Access.

mypage= request.servervariables("script_name")
if mypage<> "" then
Session("RequestedPage") = myPage
end if

Then, when you want to show the page they originally requested:

response.Write ("<A HREF=" & Session("RequestedPage") & ">Continue</A>

--
John Blessing

businesses
for your meeting/class over the web.