: Remote access and ASP.Net security

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Dweeberella, Oct 24, 2008.

  1. Dweeberella

    Dweeberella Guest

    I created an Access 2007 application for my customer. The application is
    shared by three employees on a server. It maintains a contact list including
    financial data and social security numbers.

    Now they want to share this Access application with employees at a remote
    office. They expect to have a maximum of 30 employees editing the client
    list in both the local and remote offices. So, I'm looking for a solution
    that will allow for growth -- so that more users can securely edit their
    contact list - both locally and remotely.

    Do you think the following is a secure solution to allow remote access
    assuming that their network is secure?

    1) Convert the Access front-end to ASP.Net by using Visual Web Developer
    2008 Express with SP 1.

    2) Convert the Access 2007 back-end to SQL Server 2008 Express.

    3) Keep the reports in Access 2007 since only one user needs the reports.
    Connect the Access reports to client data maintained in SQL Server 2008
    Express.

    Does the above software operate smoothly together under .Net Framework 3.5 ?

    I will be very grateful to hear suggestions about what we need to consider
    if we move forward with an ASP.Net solution.
    Dweeberella, Oct 24, 2008