Remote AspNetdb, Renamed Database . Now error: 'InstallCommon.sql'

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by jobs, Jul 19, 2007.

  1. jobs

    jobs Guest

    I renamed the name of my remote database where I had a working
    AspNetdb configuration working.

    I now get this error when I compile in development:

    An error occurred during the execution of the SQL file
    'InstallCommon.sql'. The SQL error number is 1802 and the SqlException
    message is: CREATE DATABASE failed. Some file names listed could not
    be created. Check related errors.
    Cannot create file 'C:\xx\xx\APP_DATA\ASPNETDB_TMP.MDF' because it
    already exists. Change the file path or the file name, and retry the
    operation.
    Creating the ASPNETDB_c36c4d7886f14b22929c877266bc3a03 database...

    My site was was working fine before, the ony quirk before was that
    even though I know for a fact security was in the remote database,
    that my the project would insist on recreating the AspNetDb in the
    project.

    My web.config is of course point to the remote database and there was
    no entry for

    <authorization>
    <allow users="*" />
    </authorization>
    <membership defaultProvider="SqlProvider">
    <providers>
    <add name="SqlProvider"
    type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider"
    connectionStringName="Retailer" applicationName="/"
    minRequiredPasswordLength="5" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0"
    requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false"/>
    </providers>
    </membership>

    and this was removed: