Remote debug does not stop on breakpoint.

Guest

Hi,

Seems like a few people are having debug problems, mine seems subtley
different though!

I have a win2003 svr with my c# ASP.NET web site running all ok. I have
setup all the permissions and installed the "full" remote debugger on the
server. I then open the project using "File, Open, Project from web". All
works fine, using "built-in" version control, all my files appear no problem.

I have debug set to true in my web.config and have changed the "Project
Properties" to allow me to debug ASP.NET and have changed "Enable Remote
Debugging" to true. I then do a full build debug and all works with no
errors.

I set my breakpoints and I hit F5 to run the debugger. The debugger starts
and up pops my web browser. I get the following message saying the debugger
attached ok to the process on the remote machine.

Auto-attach to process '[1508] w3wp.exe' on machine 'XYZ' succeeded.

This is where the problems start! When I navigate to a page where the
breakpoints are set, the breakpoints do not stop! The pages are shown fine
in the browser, but no breakpoints are hit.

Any ideas?

Erlend

I'm having the exact same problem. Did you ever find a solution to
this?

Remote debugging of ASPNET application without stopping on breakpoints.