    is there any thing like that? is this kind of tool possible to
    develop??

    , Oct 16, 2008

  2. "" <> writes:

    > Is there any debugger in which i can remotly debug Linux exe in
    > windows system...i mean debugger should be in windows and connect to
    > Linux machin in which the executable is running..!
    >
    > is there any thing like that?

    gdb can do remote debugging, so it's possible that it may work, even
    from MS-Windows to linux. Worth giving it a try anyways.

    http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb_18.html

    > is this kind of tool possible to
    > develop??

    Yes. If gdb doesn't work as is, from MS-Windows to linux, you could try to add the feature to it.
    In anycase, gdb is an example of how it works from linux to linux.

    If you're not in adding features to gdb, you could instead run linux
    in a virtual machine on your MS-Windows machine, and either debug
    locally or remotely.

    --
    __Pascal Bourguignon__

    Pascal J. Bourguignon, Oct 16, 2008

  3. On Oct 16, 12:48 pm, ""
    <> wrote:
    > Is there any debugger in which i can remotly debug Linux exe in
    > windows system...i mean debugger should be in windows and connect to
    > Linux machin in which the executable is running..!

    Standard practise is to open a remote session (telnet, rsh, ssh,
    PuTTY) to the Linux box and use gdb to debug the process. If you run
    Linux in a virtual machine this method works as well.

    --
    Max

    Maxim Yegorushkin, Oct 16, 2008

    On Oct 16, 5:34 pm, (Pascal J. Bourguignon)
    wrote:
    > "" <> writes:
    > > Is there any debugger in which i can remotly debug Linux exe in
    > > windows system...i mean debugger should be in windows and connect to
    > > Linux machin in which the executable is running..!

    > > is there any thing like that?

    > gdb can do remote debugging, so it's possible that it may work, even
    > from MS-Windows to linux.  Worth giving it a try anyways.
    >
    > http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb_18.html
    >
    > > is this kind of tool possible to
    > > develop??

    > Yes.  If gdb doesn't work as is, from MS-Windows to linux, you could try to add the feature to it.
    > In anycase, gdb is an example of how it works from linux to linux.
    >
    > If you're not in adding features to gdb, you could instead run linux
    > in a virtual machine on your MS-Windows machine, and either debug
    > locally or remotely.
    >
    > --
    > __Pascal Bourguignon__

    I am looking for a GUI based windows app. Can we do anything using
    eclipse?

    , Oct 17, 2008
  5. Ian Collins Guest

    wrote:
    > On Oct 16, 5:34 pm, (Pascal J. Bourguignon)
    > wrote:
    >> "" <> writes:
    >>> Is there any debugger in which i can remotly debug Linux exe in
    >>> windows system...i mean debugger should be in windows and connect to
    >>> Linux machin in which the executable is running..!
    >>> is there any thing like that?

    >> gdb can do remote debugging, so it's possible that it may work, even
    >> from MS-Windows to linux. Worth giving it a try anyways.
    >>
    >> http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb_18.html
    >>
    >>> is this kind of tool possible to
    >>> develop??

    >> Yes. If gdb doesn't work as is, from MS-Windows to linux, you could try to add the feature to it.
    >> In anycase, gdb is an example of how it works from linux to linux.
    >>
    >> If you're not in adding features to gdb, you could instead run linux
    >> in a virtual machine on your MS-Windows machine, and either debug
    >> locally or remotely.
    >>

    > I am looking for a GUI based windows app. Can we do anything using
    > eclipse?

    Why don't you just work on the Linux box? You appear to be looking for
    ways to make your life difficult.

    --
    Ian Collins

    Ian Collins, Oct 17, 2008

    On Oct 17, 10:19 am, Ian Collins <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > On Oct 16, 5:34 pm, (Pascal J. Bourguignon)
    > > wrote:
    > >> gdb can do remote debugging, so it's possible that it may work, even
    > >> from MS-Windows to linux.  Worth giving it a try anyways.

    > >>http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb_18.html

    > >> Yes.  If gdb doesn't work as is, from MS-Windows to linux, you could try to add the feature to it.
    > >> In anycase, gdb is an example of how it works from linux to linux.

    > >> If you're not in adding features to gdb, you could instead run linux
    > >> in a virtual machine on your MS-Windows machine, and either debug
    > >> locally or remotely.

    > > I am looking for a GUI based windows app. Can we do anything using
    > > eclipse?

    > Why don't you just work on the Linux box?  You appear to be looking for
    > ways to make your life difficult.
    >
    > --
    > Ian Collins- Hide quoted text -

    hmm..i cant do that. i am working for some firm. i am developing cmd
    line apps for Linux servers. i have only telnet access to that server.

    , Oct 17, 2008
  7. Ian Collins Guest

    wrote:
    > On Oct 17, 10:19 am, Ian Collins <> wrote:

    >> Why don't you just work on the Linux box? You appear to be looking for
    >> ways to make your life difficult.

    *please* don't quote signatures or that google quoted text nonsense.

    > hmm..i cant do that. i am working for some firm. i am developing cmd
    > line apps for Linux servers. i have only telnet access to that server.

    Then get something better, VNC maybe or a virtual machine.

    Anyway, do you have C++ question?

    --
    Ian Collins

    Ian Collins, Oct 17, 2008