remote debugging 2003

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by yurps, May 16, 2005.

  1. yurps

    yurps Guest

    Hello,

    I am installing the remote debug components on Windows 2003...
    This is a production server, and I am only going to be debugging there
    for a short time before we go live.

    I put the VS.NET 2003 dvd into the box...even though the framework is
    installed on windows 2003, it still requires me to install the
    prerequisites...

    microsoft frontpage 2000 web extensions client
    setup runtime files
    microsoft visual j# .net Redistributable package 1.1

    as this is a temporary debugging procedure...is there any harm in
    having these components installed on a machine that is outside the
    DMZ...(especially frontpage 2000 web extensions client). Also will I
    be able to uninstall these bits later?? Are they really necessary for
    remote debugging?

    Many thanks on any advice in this regard..
    Matt

    yurps, May 16, 2005