Remote debugging after XP SP2 installed

Sorin Sandu

When I try to to manualy attach to w3wp from server I get : Unable to attach
to the process. The debugger component on the server failed to connect to
the local machine.

"Sorin Sandu" <[email protected]> a scris în mesajul de
ºtiri:%[email protected]...
After I applied XP SP2 I am unable to debug.
I get : Error trying to run project : unable to start debugging on the web
server. The debugger component on the server failed to connect to the local
machine.
Even after I disable the ICF I get the same error.
I made all the changes from
http://msdn.microsoft.com/security/...library/en-us/dnwxp/html/xpsp2remotedebug.asp,
and
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;833977&Product=vsnet
but the same error.
Do I need to remove SP2 ?

James

I have the same problem...

Just wondering is the remote machine an Win2003 server??

I am using win2003...

Best regards
-James

Sorin Sandu

Yes it's Win 2003.
And on XP client I disable ICF.
I think it's a problem with .NET framework.
If you discover a solution please let me know at (e-mail address removed).

"James" <[email protected]> a scris în mesajul de
ºtiri:%23ANwp%[email protected]...
I have the same problem...

Just wondering is the remote machine an Win2003 server??

I am using win2003...

Best regards
-James

Rok Pahulje

Hi,
I have the same problem!

Remote server is Win2003 server. After XPSP2 installed on clients and
opened all required ports, debugging doesn't work. Before SP2
everything worked normaly...

Please post solution.

Best regards,
Rok

Joe Farrell

Same issue here. Just installed XP SP2. Remote
debugging was working before the SP2 install. I disabled
the firewall in SP2.

Setup:
XP SP2 w/ VS NET 2003
Win2k3 server

Help Microsoft!!!!
Joe

pb

same problem here. after applying SP2, remote debugging fails with
"access is denied" error. remote machine is windows 2003.

Guest

Exact same problem here... I've tried just about everything I can possibly
think of without any luck so far. If someone has the solution... Please post
it.

bickel

Sorin said:
*After I applied XP SP2 I am unable to debug.
I get : Error trying to run project : unable to start debugging o
the web
server. The debugger component on the server failed to connect to th
local
machine.
Even after I disable the ICF I get the same error.
I made all the changes from
http://msdn.microsoft.com/security/...library/en-us/dnwxp/html/xpsp2remotedebug.asp,
and
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;833977&Product=vsnet
but the same error.
Do I need to remove SP2 ? *

You don't need to remove SP2.
On your local machine, run DCOMCNFG, in ComponentServices, select the
property sheet on your computer.

In the COM Security tab, edit Activation Authorization limits, ad
ANONYMOUS LOGON user and give ANONYMOUS LOGON all authorizations

-
bicke