    idea about this ?

    Thanks,
    Shailendra Batham

    Shailendra Batham, Oct 25, 2004

  2. Shailendra Batham

    Marina Guest

    Go to Debug-Processes. Type in the other machine's name in the textbox
    where you select the machine (it should have your machine's name defaulted
    in). Then select the aspnet process and attach to it.

    I think you have to have enough permissions on the other server to actually
    debug on it. I'm not sure if you need to install anything else on there - it
    might be there.

    "Shailendra Batham" <> wrote in message
    > Hey gurus,
    >
    > I have a question about remote debugging in .Net.
    >
    > I have a Windows XP Machine with Visual Studio .Net 2003, where I have a

    web
    > service application, everything works fine but now I have to deploy this

    on
    > another machine.
    >
    > The other machine is a Windows 2000 Machine where the web service will be
    > deployed, so I just put the asmx file and the bin folder, everything works
    > fine.... now question is....... how do I debug this application if there

    are
    > some errors.... see what I mean, I should be able to sit on my XP machine
    > and debug the application on the windows 2000 machine. Does anyone have

    any

    Marina, Oct 25, 2004

  3. Where is the Debug-Processes ?

    Shailendra Batham, Oct 25, 2004
  4. Shailendra Batham

    Dan Rogers Guest

    Hi,

    Debug-Processes refers to the Debug menu in your Visual Studio.Net 2003
    development environment.

    Another caveat is that you may need to have the debugger installed on the
    remote server for this to work, and you will need to have Debug security
    policy permissions added to your domain credentials on that production
    server. The easiest way to install the debugger is to install Visual
    Studio.Net 2003 on that server if you find you still are having trouble
    debugging.

    I hope this helps

    Dan Rogers
    Microsoft Corporation