    problem with VS 2003.

    thx for your help

    , Nov 7, 2006

  2. re:
    > I'm wondering how to force VS 2005 to debug my C# website IIS-style.
    > that is, to be able to debug requests from an external machine.

    The internal web server cannot be accessed from an external machine.

    The only way to debug requests from en external machine is to use IIS.

    The instructions for enabling remote debugging are at :
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910448

    re:
    > the ASP.NET 2.0 Web Development Server thing can only catch requests
    > from the local machine which is very frustrating.

    It's by design.

    re:
    >I never saw this problem with VS 2003.

    That because VS 2003 didn't have an internal web server.
    It only worked with IIS.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ===================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Nov 7, 2006

    Juan T. Llibre wrote:
    > re:
    > > I'm wondering how to force VS 2005 to debug my C# website IIS-style.
    > > that is, to be able to debug requests from an external machine.

    > The internal web server cannot be accessed from an external machine.
    >
    > The only way to debug requests from en external machine is to use IIS.
    >
    > The instructions for enabling remote debugging are at :
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910448
    >
    > re:
    > > the ASP.NET 2.0 Web Development Server thing can only catch requests
    > > from the local machine which is very frustrating.

    > It's by design.
    >
    > re:
    > >I never saw this problem with VS 2003.

    > That because VS 2003 didn't have an internal web server.
    > It only worked with IIS.
    >

    > Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    > asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/

    thank you!