remote evaluation of Python code typed in html webpage frame

dmitrey

hi all,
what's the simplest way to create a webpage with a frame for Python
code to be typed in (as a plain text, or, better, as a highlighted
text or something like scite or any other easy python IDE, capable of
automatic indentations), and then pressing a button to evaluate it
using a remote server?

Thank you in advance, D.

Diez B. Roggisch

Am 15.01.10 15:16, schrieb dmitrey:
hi all,
what's the simplest way to create a webpage with a frame for Python
code to be typed in (as a plain text, or, better, as a highlighted
text or something like scite or any other easy python IDE, capable of
automatic indentations), and then pressing a button to evaluate it
using a remote server?

Thank you in advance, D.

http://try-python.mired.org/

Diez

dmitrey

Thank you for the link, but I meant what is appropriate soft to be
installed on my server to do things like that.
Also, for my purposes it's better to have some text with possibility
of reexecuting after some minor code changes than python interpreter
command prompt.
Regards, D.

r0g

dmitrey said:
Thank you for the link, but I meant what is appropriate soft to be
installed on my server to do things like that.
Also, for my purposes it's better to have some text with possibility
of reexecuting after some minor code changes than python interpreter
command prompt.
Regards, D.

The Web2py framework works a bit like that, although it's not quite as
simplistic as what you describe. May be worth a look though.

Roger.

Anand Vaidya

The Web2py framework works a bit like that, although it's not quite as
simplistic as what you describe. May be worth a look though.

Roger.

Hi r0g,

web2py is a web-app framework (very similar to django, pylons etc) and
it does not execute user form-submitted python code. It executes
applications written and stored on the server-side only.

You are probably referring to some other project???

Regards
Anand

r0g

Anand said:
Hi r0g,

web2py is a web-app framework (very similar to django, pylons etc) and
it does not execute user form-submitted python code. It executes
applications written and stored on the server-side only.

You are probably referring to some other project???

Regards
Anand

Actually no I AM referring to web2py, the framework. I count it as
relevant because it has a web interface with built in code editor. That
would allow to OP to create a server where permitted users could enter
code which is then executed on that server, which is what he asked for.
Clearly there's much more to web2py than the above but in lieu of more
information from the OP it's a fair answer.

Roger.

André

Thank you for the link, but I meant what is appropriate soft to be
installed on my server to do things like that.
Also, for my purposes it's better to have some text with possibility
of reexecuting after some minor code changes than python interpreter
command prompt.
Regards, D.

You could install crunchy (http://code.google.com/p/crunchy) on your
server and embed an editor in a page that is displayed.

If you have Python code executed on your server ... it is a huge
security risk, but it's your choice. For your purpose, you likely
would have to disable the authentication feature of Crunchy.

André