Remote execution from web

Guest

I don't think it can be done but does anyone know if it is possible to run an
application (.exe) on a client workstation from a web request? Certain
workstations have an application which I would like to run from a hyperlink.
If it can't be done then it isn't no big deal. Thanks.

Mark Rae [MVP]

I don't think it can be done but does anyone know if it is possible to run
an
application (.exe) on a client workstation from a web request? Certain
workstations have an application which I would like to run from a
hyperlink.
If it can't be done then it isn't no big deal. Thanks.

Not natively... Web browsers are designed specifically to prevent this type
of activity...

Your only option would be to write an ActiveX control or Java applet, but
you would need to seriously ramp down your security, and you'd have next to
no chance of getting this working over the public Internet...