    Regards,

    Mike D
    Coding in C# since Feb 2007

    =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZSBE?=, Aug 10, 2007

  2. Nope, can't do.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2l2YSBN?=, Aug 10, 2007

  3. "Mike D" <> wrote in message

    >I don't think it can be done but does anyone know if it is possible to run
    >an
    > application (.exe) on a client workstation from a web request? Certain
    > workstations have an application which I would like to run from a
    > hyperlink.
    > If it can't be done then it isn't no big deal. Thanks.

    Not natively... Web browsers are designed specifically to prevent this type
    of activity...

    Your only option would be to write an ActiveX control or Java applet, but
    you would need to seriously ramp down your security, and you'd have next to
    no chance of getting this working over the public Internet...

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP

    Mark Rae [MVP], Aug 10, 2007