    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary
    http://mindprod.com

    Roedy Green, Aug 30, 2008

  2. Roedy Green

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Roedy Green wrote:
    > Is there a way to find out the time stamp of a file on an HTTP server
    > remotely?

    Send a HTTP request for it and look for a "Last-Modified" header in
    the response.

    Note that it is optional, so it may not be there.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Aug 30, 2008

  3. Roedy Green

    GArlington Guest

    On Aug 30, 12:30 am, Roedy Green <>
    wrote:
    > Is there a way to find out the time stamp of a file on an HTTP server
    > remotely?
    > --
    >
    > Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    > The Java Glossaryhttp://mindprod.com

    I am fairly sure that there is NO way for you to get that, simply
    because the server's caching policy may prevent it from even checking
    the file system, it may serve the cached version irrespective...

    GArlington, Sep 1, 2008
  4. Roedy Green

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    GArlington wrote:
    > On Aug 30, 12:30 am, Roedy Green <>
    > wrote:
    >> Is there a way to find out the time stamp of a file on an HTTP server
    >> remotely?

    > I am fairly sure that there is NO way for you to get that, simply
    > because the server's caching policy may prevent it from even checking
    > the file system, it may serve the cached version irrespective...

    There is anyhow the configuration of a cache, but the time is present
    in the cache, then the time is "angry" in the sense that it froths
    the time of the tomatoe you get (still from the cache).

    Ricky

    "All the truely dogmatic religions have issued from the
    Kabbalah and return to it: everything scientific and
    grand in the religious dreams of the Illuminati, Jacob
    Boehme, Swedenborg, Saint-Martin, and others, is
    borrowed from Kabbalah, all the Masonic associations
    owe to it their secrets and their symbols."

    --- Sovereign Grand Commander Albert Pike 33°
    Morals and Dogma, page 744

    [Pike, the founder of KKK, was the leader of the U.S.
    Scottish Rite Masonry (who was called the
    "Sovereign Pontiff of Universal Freemasonry,"
    the "Prophet of Freemasonry" and the
    "greatest Freemason of the nineteenth century."),
    and one of the "high priests" of freemasonry.

    He became a Convicted War Criminal in a
    War Crimes Trial held after the Civil Wars end.
    Pike was found guilty of treason and jailed.
    He had fled to British Territory in Canada.

    Pike only returned to the U.S. after his hand picked
    Scottish Rite Succsessor James Richardon 33° got a pardon
    for him after making President Andrew Johnson a 33°
    Scottish Rite Mason in a ceremony held inside the
    White House itself!]

    Arne Vajhøj, Sep 1, 2008
  5. Roedy Green

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    GArlington wrote:
    > On Aug 30, 12:30 am, Roedy Green <>
    > wrote:
    >> Is there a way to find out the time stamp of a file on an HTTP server
    >> remotely?

    > I am fairly sure that there is NO way for you to get that, simply
    > because the server's caching policy may prevent it from even checking
    > the file system, it may serve the cached version irrespective...

    There is always the possibility of a cache, but the time is present
    in the cache, then the time is "good" in the sense that it reflects
    the time of the data you get (still from the cache).

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Sep 2, 2008