Remote Scripting Forces Form Submit Button Click

Dan Sikorsky

We're using Remote Scripting to update counters, or colors, displaying on a
web page form at a fixed interval, and the form's submit button event
handler is executed without clicking the button. I detected this by putting
a breakpoint on the first line of the handler.

Because of this, the database insert, resulting from the button click event
firing erroneously, is to fill a record with data that is not ready for
insert (in particular, date fields are inserted with their default dates of
1/1/1900 or 1/1/1910 or whatever your date control is initalized to).

What's the proper fix for stopping this behavior?