Remote scripting language problem

Dimitris

Hello, I have a problem that it seems easy but its really not.
I am using Microsoft remote scripting for a site that I am making.
Everything is going pretty good except one thing. My values which I want
to store in the database(this procedure takes place in the calling page)
are being stored with wrong and wuth no sence characters.
So far I understood that using remote scripting for languages more than
English is impossible.
Am I right or is there a tip for using it for every language eg Hindi
etc etc?
Please, I need an answer to this because I am trying to solve this
problem for more than a month.

DEVBuilder.org, http://www.DEVBuilder.org
ASP,ASP.NET,VB.NET,PHP,Java,and SQL Support, all in one place.

Jeff Dillon

Can you insert the correct characters WITHOUT remote scripting in the
picture? Are you using nvarchar as the SQL datatype?

Jeff

Apollon Olympious

Hello,
thank you very much for your reply. I am the same person (Dimitris) but
for a reason I cant reply with this name.

To the point.
First of all, I am using access for the current project, so nvarchar has
nothing to do with.
Last month I was trying to build a chat with remote scripting. A chat
without database of course. I had the same problem. For my debugging
purposes, the value(greek letters) I was submitting in the chat, it was
returning in the room in the same way e.g. "??????".
I really dont know what to do for it. First of all, I really dont know
if I am loosing my time, in case that remote scripting can be used for
languages more than English... Really dont know. I would be REALLY happy
if someone could tell me that he used in the past remote scripting for
chinese for example...
Thanks again for your reply.

Jeff Dillon

Again, I would recommend getting "remote scripting" out of the picture, and
getting your interface to work locally. Have you EVER got the problem
letters to display correctly?

Jeff