    I have a Python 2.7 script that produces *.csv files. I'd like to run this Python script on a remote server and make the *.csv files publicly available to read.

    Can this be done on Heroku? I've gone through the tutorial, but it seems to be geared towards people who want to create a whole web site.

    If Heroku isn't the solution for me, what are the alternatives? I tried Google App Engine, but it requires Python 2.5 and won't work with 2.7.
    Jason Hsu, Dec 5, 2012

  2. Jason Hsu

    Miki Tebeka Guest

    See one option - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...le-static-files-with-python-webapp2-in-heroku

    AppEngine does support Python 2.7, see https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/python/runtime
    Miki Tebeka, Dec 5, 2012

  3. On 12/05/2012 12:14 PM, Jason Hsu wrote:
    > I have a Python 2.7 script that produces *.csv files. I'd like to
    > run this Python script on a remote server and make the *.csv files
    > publicly available to read.
    >
    > Can this be done on Heroku? I've gone through the tutorial, but it
    > seems to be geared towards people who want to create a whole web
    > site.
    >
    > If Heroku isn't the solution for me, what are the alternatives? I
    > tried Google App Engine, but it requires Python 2.5 and won't work
    > with 2.7.

    Can you just write the files in a directory and then have apache
    configured to serve this directory up over http? That way Python needn't
    worry about the details of http serving. Other mini web servers would
    work too like lighttpd or uhttpd.

    Alternatively you could use Python-Twisted to implement a simple web
    server that serves up the CSV.

    Using a full framework is overkill, in my opinion. I'm not sure what
    Heroku (first I've heard of it) is, but I don't think you need that.
    Michael Torrie, Dec 5, 2012