Remotely change webservice application settings

Richard Heesbeen

Hi All,

I'm writing an webservice which has some settings that need to be loaded
into the webservice and get used by all instances/connections. I want to be
able to remotely change the settings (using asp.net website) so that a next
instance usses those settings and save them so when the server restarts they
also get used.

I thoughed of the web.config file and just adjust the settings in there but
is that possible or is there a better way of doing this?

Hope someone can help me out,

Richard.

Brock Allen

updating web.config is possible. when it's changed, ASP.NET will restart
your application and the new changes will be used immediaetly. The downside
is that you'll have to use the XML APIs directly to do the update if you're
still using ASP.NET 1.1. In 2.0 there's a proper API to read and write the
config file.