Remotely running an application

Brunella Orti

I downloaded VSE, and I had minimal experience with VS. I have a great
experience in programming, though.
After some days of struggling, I was able to define a sample database
from scratch, and a simple Visual C# application to edit a table from
it. Nice result, VSE seems interesting!
Now, someone told me that I could publish my application on the web, so
that anyone could run it, and access my database.
Is it true? Is it really possible to run a visual application remotely?
And if yes, what should I study? (It would be ok if it is not C#, any VS
language would go, provided I can obtain this result).

thanks
bru

Michael Nemtsev

Hello Brunella,

Generally, ASP.net to give web access to your app, and you need a hoster
with .NET 2.0 framework

BO> I downloaded VSE, and I had minimal experience with VS. I have a
BO> great
BO> experience in programming, though.
BO> After some days of struggling, I was able to define a sample
BO> database
BO> from scratch, and a simple Visual C# application to edit a table
BO> from
BO> it. Nice result, VSE seems interesting!
BO> Now, someone told me that I could publish my application on the web,
BO> so
BO> that anyone could run it, and access my database.
BO> Is it true? Is it really possible to run a visual application
BO> remotely?
BO> And if yes, what should I study? (It would be ok if it is not C#,
BO> any VS
BO> language would go, provided I can obtain this result).
BO> thanks

---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev :: blog: http://spaces.msn.com/laflour

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
cease to be insipid." (c) Friedrich Nietzsche