Remoting from Web Services, ASP.Net 2.0

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by T*R*Z, Feb 10, 2006.

  1. T*R*Z

    T*R*Z Guest

    I'm trying to get remoting FROM a web service call to work and it's driving
    me nuts.

    [assembly:AllowPartiallyTrustedCallers]

    [WebMethod]
    public string RemotingTest()
    {
    try
    {
    BinaryServerFormatterSinkProvider serverProvider = new
    BinaryServerFormatterSinkProvider();
    }
    catch (Exception ex)
    {
    return ex.ToString();
    }
    return "Okay";
    }

    Machine.config allows trust override settings.
    Web.confg (system.web section) contains:
    <trust level="Full"/>

    Any ideas how I can get remoting to work in ASP.Net 2.0?

    T*R*Z, Feb 10, 2006