Remoting or Web Service

msnews.microsoft.com

Hi all,
I am working a distributed web application for an OLTP system.

We are considering using web service or .net remoting (TCP or HTTP) for
the web layer to call the app layer.

Most of the team believe that using .net remoting using TCP will be the
faster, providing the best performance.

However, we understand that MS is pushing for web services and it is
easier to implement.

Will like to know any one have any comment to share?

Thanks.

Regards
Developerforum