    session("permission")=true
    response.buffer=true
    Please tell me how I can let another.asp not being cached in browser. Thanks in advance.

    Emily, Jan 16, 2006

  2. Emily

    Evertjan. Guest

    wrote on 16 jan 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > I have three asp pages. The initial page is login.asp, it goes to page
    > hello.asp. And hello.asp goes to page another.asp. If it goes back
    > from hello.asp to login.asp, then in Internet Explorer, clicking on
    > Back, the cache of the page hello.asp has been removed, which is the
    > effect that I want. If it goes back from another.asp to login.asp, and
    > then in Internet Explorer, clicking on Back, the page another.asp
    > still remains. The top of asp codes for hello.asp and another.asp are
    > the same:response.expires=0 response.expiresabsolute=now()-1
    > response.addheader "pragma","no-cache"
    > response.addheader "cache-control","private"
    > response.cachecontrol="no-cache"
    > session("permission")=true
    > response.buffer=true
    > Please tell me how I can let another.asp not being cached in browser.
    > Thanks in advance.

    response.expires=0 works on some, perhaps most browsers,
    IF the server UTC time and client UTC time are more or less synchronous.

    Better try:

    response.expires=-1000

    However no approach is 100% fool proof,
    so better have some serverside coded response to a resubmit.

    If .... then response.write "What, again?"

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Jan 16, 2006

  3. Emily

    Emily Guest

    Hi Evertjan

    It does not work. What is your email address? I cannot find it. I would like to send you the pages to ask you to have a look. Thanks.

    Regards

    Emily

    Emily, Jan 16, 2006
  4. Emily

    Evertjan. Guest

    wrote on 16 jan 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > It does not work. What is your email address? I cannot find it. I
    > would like to send you the pages to ask you to have a look. Thanks.

    No please, advice in a common NG effort.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Jan 16, 2006