    Is someone knows how to do this ?

    Thanks very much

    Sly
    Sylvain, Apr 26, 2006

  2. Sylvain

    Evertjan. Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?U3lsdmFpbg==?= wrote on 26 apr 2006 in

    > Here's my problem:
    >
    > I have actually an asp web site which use the global.asa file to
    > connect to the database but for security reason, I want to put
    > username and password information (or the complete connection string)
    > in a seperate file so only a special user could read these
    > informations.
    >
    > Is someone knows how to do this ?

    I don't understand.

    Global.asa is unreadable from the outside,
    just like the seperate file you wanted,
    and both are readable for the site programmer by ftp or whatever.

    ================

    If you want you can put an include file in the top of all
    ..asp files you need to access the db in:

    <!--#include virtual ="/dir/openDb.asp"-->

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Apr 26, 2006

  3. Sylvain

    Sylvain Guest

    Hi !

    Thanks for your answer. In fact, the reason why I want to separate
    connection information from the global.asa file is because even the developer
    should not have access to username and password, only one user (implementer)
    and the application. Developer can have access to global.asa code without
    being able to see the username and password.

    I don't know if it is possible but if so, I'd like to have username and
    password info in only one separate file and affect the value to my connection
    string in global.asa.

    Thanks for your answers.

    Sylvain, Apr 26, 2006
  4. In classic ASP, this is not possible without using a COM dll, perhaps
    created in VB6.

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"