Remove directory problem

SushiSean

I have some site on asp.net 2.0 and it works with directories - create and
remove them with files inside. I never have any problems with create, but a
lot of times when I am tring remove directory it is freezing. I read some
info about in asp.net 2 when you remove directory it tring reload project or
something like this.
Any way how I should remove without this problem?

George Ter-Saakov

From my experience both Create and Remove will restart .NET application.
My guess would be if you mark parent directory as read only and not
executable in "IIS Managment console" then ASP.NET might not "watch" it and
it's subfolders. And let you do anything you want there

You have to test though.

George.

bruce barker

use the app_data folder as the parent, or folders outside the website.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

SushiSean

Access to the path 'C:\work\testsite\App_Data\upload\newdir3' is denied.
Why it still happends??