    best,

    David

    , Mar 5, 2008

  2. vjg Guest

    On Mar 4, 9:00 pm, wrote:
    > Does anyone know how to completely remove a package from Eclipse?  I
    > backed up all my .java source code and deleted the files from the
    > Eclipse workspace, and deleted the project which corresponded to the
    > package I was writing.  However, when I go to create a new package
    > with the same name as the deleted one, it says I can't do it.  I don't
    > understand where Eclipse retains information about packages and files
    > associated with a package ... it seems to be not the file system.
    > I've seen reference to a database that Eclipse maintains, is there
    > someway to edit that database?
    >
    > best,
    >
    > David

    What is your exact error message... because what you describe doesn't
    make sense to me. The exact message might give us a better clue as to
    what is going on.

    - Virgil

    vjg, Mar 5, 2008

  3. David Guest

    On Mar 4, 10:42 pm, vjg <> wrote:
    > On Mar 4, 9:00 pm, wrote:
    >
    > > Does anyone know how to completely remove a package from Eclipse? I
    > > backed up all my .java source code and deleted the files from the
    > > Eclipse workspace, and deleted the project which corresponded to the
    > > package I was writing. However, when I go to create a new package
    > > with the same name as the deleted one, it says I can't do it. I don't
    > > understand where Eclipse retains information about packages and files
    > > associated with a package ... it seems to be not the file system.
    > > I've seen reference to a database that Eclipse maintains, is there
    > > someway to edit that database?

    > > best,

    > > David

    > What is your exact error message... because what you describe doesn't
    > make sense to me. The exact message might give us a better clue as to
    > what is going on.
    >
    > - Virgil

    Hi Virgil,

    Thanks for replying, the message was (I'm not at work now) that the
    package already existed. I reached a point where I wanted to make a
    package named, say XXX, but Eclipse said this package already
    existed. The package certainly had existed, but I thought I deleted
    it.

    best,

    David

    David, Mar 5, 2008
  4. vjg Guest

    Mar 4, 10:00 pm, David <> wrote:
    > On Mar 4, 10:42 pm, vjg <> wrote:
    >

    > > On Mar 4, 9:00 pm, wrote:

    > > > Does anyone know how to completely remove a package from Eclipse?  I
    > > > backed up all my .java source code and deleted the files from the
    > > > Eclipse workspace, and deleted the project which corresponded to the
    > > > package I was writing.  However, when I go to create a new package
    > > > with the same name as the deleted one, it says I can't do it.  I don't
    > > > understand where Eclipse retains information about packages and files
    > > > associated with a package ... it seems to be not the file system.
    > > > I've seen reference to a database that Eclipse maintains, is there
    > > > someway to edit that database?

    > > > best,

    > > > David

    > > What is your exact error message... because what you describe doesn't
    > > make sense to me. The exact message might give us a better clue as to
    > > what is going on.

    > >  - Virgil

    > Hi Virgil,
    >
    > Thanks for replying, the message was (I'm not at work now) that the
    > package already existed.  I reached a point where I wanted to make a
    > package named, say XXX, but Eclipse said this package already
    > existed.  The package certainly had existed, but I thought I deleted
    > it.
    >
    > best,
    >
    > David- Hide quoted text -

    I'm really not sure what you're seeing. You said you deleted the
    project. Did you create a new one with the same name? Check the
    project properties to get the location of your project and confirm
    that there are no directories present whose name would conflict with
    the package name you are trying to create.

    - Virgil

    vjg, Mar 5, 2008
  5. Sanny Guest

    On Mar 5, 8:00 am, wrote:
    > Does anyone know how to completely remove a package from Eclipse?  I
    > backed up all my .java source code and deleted the files from the
    > Eclipse workspace, and deleted the project which corresponded to the
    > package I was writing.  However, when I go to create a new package
    > with the same name as the deleted one, it says I can't do it.  I don't
    > understand where Eclipse retains information about packages and files
    > associated with a package ... it seems to be not the file system.
    > I've seen reference to a database that Eclipse maintains, is there
    > someway to edit that database?
    >
    > best,
    >
    > David

    Man, Create a new Workspace. And run your Project from that Workspace.

    Bye
    Sanny

    Looking for Experts: http://www.getclub.com/Experts.php

    Sanny, Mar 5, 2008