    website? I want a look like http://mysite.com/blog/post

    Thanks,
    James

    jwren, Oct 9, 2007

  2. jwren

    enrique Guest

    On Oct 9, 1:35 pm, jwren <> wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Would anyone mind telling me how to remove extensions from pages in my
    > website? I want a look likehttp://mysite.com/blog/post
    >
    > Thanks,
    > James

    See if your web server supports url rewriting. I think most servlet
    engines do. Or, another thing you can try is mod_rewrite if you are
    running Apache.

    enrique, Oct 9, 2007

  3. jwren

    Lew Guest

    enrique wrote:
    > On Oct 9, 1:35 pm, jwren <> wrote:
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> Would anyone mind telling me how to remove extensions from pages in my
    >> website? I want a look likehttp://mysite.com/blog/post
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> James

    > See if your web server supports url rewriting. I think most servlet
    > engines do. Or, another thing you can try is mod_rewrite if you are
    > running Apache.

    In addition to that, if you set up a controller servlet and let it
    (RequestDispatcher) forward to the appropriate JSP based on the logic, then
    only the servlet URL is used in the POSTs, and the individual URLs don't show up.

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Oct 9, 2007