    server has plenty of hardware.

    TIA

    Bob
    Bob, Aug 27, 2003

  2. > I'm woundering if anyone can lead me to a tech article on how to remove
    the
    > OLE header from an images that get stored in an SQL image field via MS
    > Access forms.

    This is one of the reasons I always recommend storing images on the file
    system, and only their *location* in the database. Especially if the
    database is Access.

    See http://www.aspfaq.com/2149
    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Aug 27, 2003

  3. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Aaron:

    Thanks for the info but if you read my posting you would have seen that I'm
    storing the data in SQL via Access forms.

    I've seen an SQL server DB with a soapware front end with 150,000 records in
    it and the patient charts are stored as OLE Images and the thing is quite
    fast on a single P4 so it should be OK on my Duel P4.

    As for the rest, I know about that stuff and I don't care for a response
    telling me what I should and should not do as you would have also known had
    you read my posting in it's very short entirty.

    All I need to know is where I can find an article that will help me do it.

    Thanx

    Bob

    Bob, Aug 27, 2003
  4. > All I need to know is where I can find an article that will help me do it.

    Maybe you could try a web search, since you're clearly not interested in the
    opinions of mere humans.
    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Aug 27, 2003
  5. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Chris:

    Your a life saver !! That did the trick

    Thank you

    Bob
    Bob, Aug 28, 2003
  6. > Your a life saver !! That did the trick

    Yep, having the ability to search the web is under-rated.

    Nothing against Chris, of course.
    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Aug 28, 2003