remove "ReturnUrl=" from url

Gala Grant

Hello,

I am trying to find if there is a setting somewhere that I can change
that will remove the "ReturnUrl=blah.aspx" from the url when someone
tries to access a page without being logged in. Bookmarks don't
actually work on our site, so they serve no purpose, and I feel it
would be clean if the url was just http://www.mysite.com. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Gala Grant

Jeffrey Palermo [MCP]

Gala,
It sounds like you are using Forms authentication, and to remove
ReturnUrl from teh querystring would break some of that Functionality. To
get rid of ReturnUrl, you would have to change how you are using
FormsAuthentication.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Palermo

Patrick Olurotimi Ige

Hi Gala,
Quite sure u are using forms Auth.But as Jeffery said you can write
another one without using that.
Are you validating against Active Directory or against a Database?
Patrick