Remove spaces and lines from source code

Arjen

Hello,

In code view I use a tab as mark-up character.
When I run my web application I can see the tabs with the source viewer in
my browser.

Is there a way to remove the tabs, extra spaces and lines when running the
web application?
I want to remove them for performance reasons.

(I don't want to remove it inside my code)
Are there (free) http modules for this?

Thanks!

Kevin Spencer

In the movie "Dr. Strangelove" (directed by Stanley Kubrick) there is a
hilarious scene in which, during a crisis that threatens to decimate the
entire planet by nuclear bombs, a couple of people are running through an
Air Force base, trying to make a phone call that could save the world.
However, all they can find is a pay phone. One of them starts trashing a
Coke machine to get change for the phone. The other panics, reminding the
first that it is illegal to tamper with vending machines. I believe that
worrying about a few extra tabs and spaces is kind of like worrying about
the illegality of robbing a vending machine during a nuclear threat. You
might rather be worrying about something that really makes a difference
instead, like server-side performance, or, on the client, the number and
size of images in a page. A tab or space character is exactly 1 byte in
size.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer