Remove warning messages from the command window

Priyanka AGARWAL

Hi,
I have a java application . A .bat file is used to launch the
application which sets the environment variables and launches java. I
am also using jclass in my application. I get several warning messages
which are from jclass and also some exception messages from the
applciation . I want to do away with these messages i.e., I want a
clear command window which appears when I launch the application.
Is there a way? Please help?

Thanks
Priyanka

Thomas Schodt

Priyanka said:
I have a java application . A .bat file is used to launch the
application which sets the environment variables and launches java. I
am also using jclass in my application. I get several warning messages
which are from jclass and also some exception messages from the
applciation . I want to do away with these messages i.e., I want a
clear command window which appears when I launch the application.
Is there a way? Please help?

You can suppress the window completely by launching
javaw
instead of
java

If you just want stderr redirected to the bit bucket;
java MyClass 2>nul
or, if you wanted to keep any error messages for review
java MyClass 2>./err.log

Andrew Thompson

I get several warning messages
which are from jclass and also some exception messages from the
applciation . I want to do away with these messages i.e., I want a
clear command window which appears when I launch the application.
Is there a way?

Stop using jclass and fix your app. (then jar it with a
manifest specifying the main class - double click launch,
no command line).