Removing a control from a DataList

Steve Hershoff

I have no idea if this is possible, but just in case: I have certain
circumstances in which I would like to remove a control from a DataList's
EditItemTemplate. Here's the current setup, slightly simplified:

<asp:datalist id="DataList1" Width="100%" runat="server" CellPadding="0"
CellSpacing="0" runat="server">
<EditItemTemplate>
<TABLE class="HR_Pane_w_Border" id="Table27" cellSpacing="0"
cellPadding="2" align="left">
{......}
<TD width="45%" align="left">
<asp:DropDownList id="ddl_JFSType" runat="server">
</asp:DropDownList>
</TD>
</EditItemTemplate>
</asp:DataList>

What I'd like to do is remove the "ddl_JFSType" dropdown list from the
DataList. How can I do this, if at all possible? Call
DataList1.FindControls() in the Page Load, then remove ddl_JFSType?
Something along those lines? I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks!

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

those circumstances probably can be applied in ItemdataBound method (which
runs for every row when dataList is bound)? There you can FindControl the
DDL (against the dataListItem) and for example: set its Visible property to
false.