removing bluish color along the edges of combobox

?

-

setting setBackground(Color.white) on a combobox succeeds. however,
there is bluish color along the edges. setForeground doesn't help.
any suggestions? thanks in advance

Thomas G. Marshall

- coughed up:
setting setBackground(Color.white) on a combobox succeeds. however,
there is bluish color along the edges. setForeground doesn't help.
any suggestions? thanks in advance

Cut down on the pot smoking. That'll reduce the bluish color along all the
edges...

--
"This creature is called a vampire. To kill it requires a stake
through its heart." "I shall drive my staff deep into its rump."

Demons discussing "Angel", a good vampire from our dimension visiting
theirs.

?

-

Thomas said:
- coughed up:

Cut down on the pot smoking. That'll reduce the bluish color along all the
edges...

unlike yours, i'm from a country that is smart enough to ban pot.
what did i do to receive such a reply?

Alex Buell

unlike yours, i'm from a country that is smart enough to ban pot.
what did i do to receive such a reply?

You deserved it.

But test it on a different computer with a different monitor. Might be
a faulty monitor that's got colour bleed.

Cheers,
Alex.

Roland

can you see the thin bluish color on the gray combobox found at
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/components/combobox.html

Probably you are referring to the focus indicator. A small purplish line
indicates which component has keyboard focus. Selecting another
component (using Tab key or selecting with mouse) removes it from the
component and draws it on the new component.
--
Regards,

Roland de Ruiter
___ ___
/__/ w_/ /__/
/ \ /_/ / \

Thomas G. Marshall

- coughed up:
unlike yours, i'm from a country that is smart enough to ban pot.
what did i do to receive such a reply?

I'm in the US. And no, it wasn't intended as an insult--sorry if you
thought so. I thought it was humor. Sometimes placing a smiley at the end
of a line destroys the delivery...

--
Enough is enough. It is /not/ a requirement that someone must google
relentlessly for an answer before posting in usenet. Newsgroups are

Thomas G. Marshall

Roland coughed up:
Probably you are referring to the focus indicator. A small purplish
line indicates which component has keyboard focus.

Yes. I might add that a lot of pot smoking just might get /rid/ of that
line if you like. :)

There. A smiley. I'll put another here just in case: :)

Selecting another
component (using Tab key or selecting with mouse) removes it from the
component and draws it on the new component.

--
Enough is enough. It is /not/ a requirement that someone must google
relentlessly for an answer before posting in usenet. Newsgroups are
for discussions. Discussions do /not/ necessitate prior research. If
you are bothered by someone asking a question without taking time to
look something up, simply do not respond.

Roland

Roland coughed up:

Yes. I might add that a lot of pot smoking just might get /rid/ of that
line if you like. :)

There. A smiley. I'll put another here just in case: :)

I was thinking that smoking pot would only make the line have different
colors. But you are telling us it also causes the line to disappear.
Interesting... Well OK, /may/ cause... ;-)
--
Regards,

Roland de Ruiter
___ ___
/__/ w_/ /__/
/ \ /_/ / \

Thomas G. Marshall

Roland coughed up:
I was thinking that smoking pot would only make the line have
different colors. But you are telling us it also causes the line to
disappear. Interesting... Well OK, /may/ cause... ;-)

I was never a drug user, so I don't know for sure. But one of my roommates
in college, oh man. I came home one nite and the lights were out, a black
light was on, and he and his friend were pouring the then fluorescent Prell
shampoo all over his desk. They had just experimented with mushrooms for
the first time.

He tried to tell me how snorting aspirin was the best way for him to get rid
of a headache. And he would routinely snort ground-up NoDoze to stay awake.

One time around 2am after a night of a /ton/ of pot he came starving to
death into the room, knelt down and grabbed a can of soup from his milk
crate. He didn't have a can opener. I saw him in this position: on one
knee, staring at a can of soup in his hand. His brain was stalled:
hungry--no can opener---hungry---no can opener. A kind of decision loop
gone awry. I check in from time to time: he actually held that pose for 45
minutes.

--
Puzzle: You are given a deck of cards all face up
except for 10 cards mixed in which are face down.

P.Hill

And no, it wasn't intended as an insult--sorry if you
thought so. I thought it was humor. Sometimes placing a smiley at the end
of a line destroys the delivery...

_Purple_ haze you idiot _Purple_ haze!

-Paul, reporting from a couple of miles south of Jimi Hendrix's
childhood home(s) and only a bit further to his grave.

-Paul

Chris Uppal

Thomas said:
One time around 2am after a night of a /ton/ of pot he came starving to
death into the room, knelt down and grabbed a can of soup from his milk
crate. He didn't have a can opener. I saw him in this position: on one
knee, staring at a can of soup in his hand. His brain was stalled:
hungry--no can opener---hungry---no can opener. A kind of decision loop
gone awry. I check in from time to time: he actually held that pose for
45 minutes.

If you'd had an opener handy, then you could have offered to swap it for the
soup. His brain would probably have exploded...

-- chris