    a:active { border: 0px solid black; }

    but, to no avail...
    does anyone know how to get rid of the borders?

    vbAlex, Jul 2, 2003

  2. (vbAlex) writes:

    > I've tried everything, looked through all the faqs and everything,
    > looking for a way to remove the 1px dotted border from around active
    > links... tried
    >
    > a:active { border: 0px solid black; }
    >
    > but, to no avail...
    > does anyone know how to get rid of the borders?

    It is a browser thing. Not all browsers has the dotted border, and you
    should be carefull not to remove it from people who actually need it.

    What you see is not derived from being "active", but from being
    "focus"'ed. The traditional solution is to add
    onfocus="this.blur()"
    to the elements. However, that completely breaks keyboard navigation,
    so you might not want to do that.

    /L
    --
    Lasse Reichstein Nielsen -

    Lasse Reichstein Nielsen, Jul 2, 2003

  3. vbAlex

    Fred Serry Guest

    "vbAlex" <> schreef in bericht
    > I've tried everything, looked through all the faqs and everything,
    > looking for a way to remove the 1px dotted border from around active
    > links... tried
    >
    > a:active { border: 0px solid black; }
    >
    > but, to no avail...
    > does anyone know how to get rid of the borders?

    Hi,

    Since IE5.5 there is the hidefocus attribute. AFAIK it is a MS thing
    only.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/properties/hidefocus.asp

    Fred

    Fred Serry, Jul 2, 2003