Removing borders around active links

vbAlex

I've tried everything, looked through all the faqs and everything,
looking for a way to remove the 1px dotted border from around active
links... tried

a:active { border: 0px solid black; }

but, to no avail...
does anyone know how to get rid of the borders?

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

I've tried everything, looked through all the faqs and everything,
looking for a way to remove the 1px dotted border from around active
links... tried

a:active { border: 0px solid black; }

but, to no avail...
does anyone know how to get rid of the borders?

It is a browser thing. Not all browsers has the dotted border, and you
should be carefull not to remove it from people who actually need it.

What you see is not derived from being "active", but from being
"focus"'ed. The traditional solution is to add
onfocus="this.blur()"
to the elements. However, that completely breaks keyboard navigation,
so you might not want to do that.

/L