Removing HTML markup from XSL

James T Jordan

Hi, I am quite frustrated with the problem I was given to solve. I
have xsl as input which outputs html but some of the html is coded
like <tag&gt and I need to remove the html formatting from the xsl.
I can do this. Where the problem comes in is if the text output ends
with a single quote (like line 2 below) in that case I need to also
remove line 3 and 4. How can I solve this and have xslt know that I am
in a string quote and to know when I come out of the string quote.
Thanks
Puzzled

1 <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">
2 &lt;font color="#cc0000" &gt;&lt;img src="</xsl:text>
3 <xsl:value-of select="$imagePath"/>
4 <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">arrow.gif"&gt;
5 For the effective date, see the caution above.&lt;img
src="</xsl:text>
6 <xsl:value-of select="$imagePath"/><xsl:text disable-output-
7 escaping="yes">rarrow.gif"&gt;&lt;/font&gt;&lt;br&gt;</xsl:text>