Removing html tags

Jeroen

Hi there,

First thank you for reading.

I have a question about the following is there a way to remove the
following HTML tags with javascript:

From this piece of html will the page is loading.

<select name="_QPage_QVerkoop_C" class="mrDropdown" style="margin-
left: 1em;">
<option style="" class="mrMultiple" value="inkoop">inkoop</option>
<option style="" class="mrMultiple" value="verkoop">verkoop</
option>
</select>

These are generated by an code "convertor" and I have no control over
them. Well not complete controle.
I can add some javascript so I hope thats my way out to let page look
"good/better" : )

Again thank you for reading and hopefully some tips for this issue.

Jeroen

Evertjan.

Jeroen wrote on 25 aug 2009 in comp.lang.javascript:
I have a question about the following is there a way to remove the
following HTML tags with javascript:

From this piece of html will the page is loading.

<select name="_QPage_QVerkoop_C" class="mrDropdown"
style="margin-
left: 1em;">
<option style="" class="mrMultiple"
value="inkoop">inkoop</option> <option style=""
class="mrMultiple" value="verkoop">verkoop</
option>
</select>

These are generated by an code "convertor" and I have no control over
them. Well not complete controle.
I can add some javascript so I hope thats my way out to let page look
"good/better" : )

Nee dat kan niet, Jeroen,
not while the page is loading.

You clould do this serverside [with serverside javascript], if you like,
with server.xmlhttp technique.

Or you could change the DOM when the page is loaded, having the same or
better results, depending on yourwishes, unknown to us.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Jeroen said:
[...] is there a way to remove the
following HTML tags with javascript:

From this piece of html will the page is loading.

Suppose "will" means "while", then no.
[...]

These are generated by an code "convertor" and I have no control over
them. Well not complete controle.
I can add some javascript so I hope thats my way out to let page look
"good/better" : )

I strongly suggest to use a better "code convertor" because this one
generates invalid markup. So even after the document has been loaded, there
is a good chance that you will end up with a non-uniform document tree among
user agents (built-in error correction is not unified).

PointedEars