removing indent from numbered lists

Discussion in 'HTML' started by donny, Aug 7, 2006.

  1. donny

    donny Guest

    Hello,

    I am having trouble with an issue ... maybe someone can help. I would
    like to remove the automatic indent from a numbered list.

    Rather than it appear:
    1. yadda
    2. yadda
    I want it to be:
    1. yadda
    2. yadda

    I've tried to play around in the CSS with margin and margin-left, but
    all I've succeeded in doing is getting rid of BOTH the indent and the
    number. However, it is a long list, so I would like to have automatic
    numbering that <ol> provides.

    Thanks for any help,

    Donny

    donny, Aug 7, 2006

  2. donny

    Rik Guest

    donny wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am having trouble with an issue ... maybe someone can help. I would
    > like to remove the automatic indent from a numbered list.
    >
    > Rather than it appear:
    > 1. yadda
    > 2. yadda
    > I want it to be:
    > 1. yadda
    > 2. yadda
    >
    > I've tried to play around in the CSS with margin and margin-left, but
    > all I've succeeded in doing is getting rid of BOTH the indent and the
    > number. However, it is a long list, so I would like to have automatic
    > numbering that <ol> provides.

    margin:0;
    padding:0;
    list-style-position: inside;