    around hyperlinked images in IE5/Mac?

    I realize that the browser has been discontined but I presume that many
    are still using it, so I'd like tosolve this issue if possible...

    Christopher Scott, Jul 26, 2004

  2. Christopher Scott

    Karl Groves Guest

    "Christopher Scott" <> wrote in message
    news:250720042207585846%...
    > Anybody know how I can eliminate the ugly-looking border that appears
    > around hyperlinked images in IE5/Mac?
    >
    > I realize that the browser has been discontined but I presume that many
    > are still using it, so I'd like tosolve this issue if possible...

    Surprise!
    Look at the first result of a well-formed query to Google!
    http://www.google.com/search?q=remove linked image border

    -Karl

    Karl Groves, Jul 26, 2004

  3. Christopher Scott

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 02:07:58 GMT, Christopher Scott
    <> wrote:

    : Anybody know how I can eliminate the ugly-looking border that appears
    : around hyperlinked images in IE5/Mac?

    If you remove it, how will the user know its a link?

    Sid

    Sid Ismail, Jul 26, 2004
  4. Christopher Scott

    Sam Hughes Guest

    <> wrote:

    > Anybody know how I can eliminate the ugly-looking border that appears
    > around hyperlinked images in IE5/Mac?
    >
    > I realize that the browser has been discontined but I presume that many
    > are still using it, so I'd like tosolve this issue if possible...

    This happens in other browsers too.

    My suggested way is to use CSS in your head element:

    a:link img { border: 0; }

    You could also use the deprecated method, by going through every IMG tag
    and adding the attribute border="0".

    --
    Accessible web designs go easily unnoticed;
    the others are remembered and avoided forever.

    Sam Hughes, Jul 26, 2004