removing linked image borders in IE5/Mac?

Christopher Scott

Anybody know how I can eliminate the ugly-looking border that appears
around hyperlinked images in IE5/Mac?

I realize that the browser has been discontined but I presume that many
are still using it, so I'd like tosolve this issue if possible...

Sid Ismail

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 02:07:58 GMT, Christopher Scott

: Anybody know how I can eliminate the ugly-looking border that appears
: around hyperlinked images in IE5/Mac?

If you remove it, how will the user know its a link?

Sid

Sam Hughes

Anybody know how I can eliminate the ugly-looking border that appears
around hyperlinked images in IE5/Mac?

I realize that the browser has been discontined but I presume that many
are still using it, so I'd like tosolve this issue if possible...

This happens in other browsers too.

My suggested way is to use CSS in your head element:

a:link img { border: 0; }

You could also use the deprecated method, by going through every IMG tag
and adding the attribute border="0".