Removing Source Control.

Frank Rizzo

I do not have any source control on my pc. However, when I get
projects/solutions from other people that have used source control,
vs.net tries hard to find the source control server. Is there a way to
disable this in vs.net. I don't want it to look for source control
server - I just want it to load the project.

Thanks.

Mark Jerde

Frank said:
I do not have any source control on my pc. However, when I get
projects/solutions from other people that have used source control,
vs.net tries hard to find the source control server. Is there a way
to disable this in vs.net. I don't want it to look for source control
server - I just want it to load the project.

Thanks.

It's just a guess on my part, since I use Visual SourceSafe... Maybe
deleting the .ssc files before opening the project would work.

-- Mark

Kevin Spencer

Open the Solution, then go to File|Source Control|Change Source Control...

You can set up the Solution to not use any Source Control there.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer