Removing unwanted toolbars

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Maxi, Apr 5, 2006.

  1. Maxi

    Maxi Guest

    I just have one index.html page with NO links NO pics. Just a simple
    html page.

    Whenever I open that page I want to eliminate few things like:


    I don't want scroll bar -> I have a solution <body scroll="no">
    I don't want status bar -> ? need solution ?
    I don't want toolbar bar -> ? need solution ?
    I don't want menu bar -> ? need solution ?


    I JUST want the title bar, address bar and the IE window.


    Please help
    Maxi, Apr 5, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Maxi

    VK Guest

    Maxi wrote:
    > I just have one index.html page with NO links NO pics. Just a simple
    > html page.
    >
    > Whenever I open that page I want to eliminate few things like:
    >
    >
    > I don't want scroll bar -> I have a solution <body scroll="no">
    > I don't want status bar -> ? need solution ?
    > I don't want toolbar bar -> ? need solution ?
    > I don't want menu bar -> ? need solution ?
    >
    >
    > I JUST want the title bar, address bar and the IE window.


    First of all you *cannot* switch toolbars on and off pragrammatically
    in the current window (neither status, menu etc.) The only exception is
    scrollbars.

    - But I absolutely need it!
    - Sorry, you can not.
    - But somehow, even IE specific?
    - Noop, absolutely no way.
    - But my whole concept is based on it!
    - Sorry, change your concept.

    ;-)

    You only option is to open new window from within the existing one with
    predefined properties (in hope that popup blocker will not prevent it):

    var w = window.open('index.html','myWindow','location=yes');

    (whatever is not set to "yes" presumed to be "no" by default).
    VK, Apr 5, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Maxi

    VK Guest

    VK wrote:
    > You only option is to open new window from within the existing one with
    > predefined properties (in hope that popup blocker will not prevent it):
    >
    > var w = window.open('index.html','myWindow','location=yes');
    >
    > (whatever is not set to "yes" presumed to be "no" by default).


    Saving your time on the next post: :)

    No, you cannot
    var w = window.open('index.html','myWindow','location=yes');
    window.close(); // close current window
    without raising security dialog on window.close() User will be asked
    first and she may opt for keeping the original window.
    VK, Apr 5, 2006
    #3
  4. Maxi

    Maxi Guest

    I don't want to open a new window.

    Do you mean to say that it is impossible without opening a new window?
    Maxi, Apr 5, 2006
    #4
  5. Maxi

    VK Guest

    Maxi wrote:
    > I don't want to open a new window.
    >
    > Do you mean to say that it is impossible without opening a new window?


    <quote>
    First of all you *cannot* switch toolbars on and off pragrammatically
    in the current window (neither status, menu etc.) The only exception is
    scrollbars.

    - But I absolutely need it!
    - Sorry, you can not.
    - But somehow, even IE specific?
    - Noop, absolutely no way.
    - But my whole concept is based on it!
    - Sorry, change your concept.
    </quote>

    Briefly and plainly: yes, it is impossible without opening a new window.
    VK, Apr 5, 2006
    #5
  6. Maxi wrote:

    > I just have one index.html page with NO links NO pics. Just a simple
    > html page.


    What kind of homepage would that be? "Hello, world!"? Please spare us
    this waste of disk space and bandwidth, and go online when you have
    something really important to say.

    > Whenever I open that page I want to eliminate few things like:


    There is no page.

    > I don't want scroll bar -> I have a solution <body scroll="no">
    > I don't want status bar -> ? need solution ?
    > I don't want toolbar bar -> ? need solution ?
    > I don't want menu bar -> ? need solution ?
    >
    >
    > I JUST want the title bar, address bar and the IE window.


    No signed script, no help. It's /my/ browser, not yours.


    PointedEars
    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Apr 6, 2006
    #6
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Jason Webb
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    1,316
    Jeremy Cowles
    Jul 9, 2003
  2. Marina

    Re: Hiding Toolbars

    Marina, Aug 13, 2003, in forum: ASP .Net
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    2,217
    Jerry III
    Aug 14, 2003
  3. Herb Stull

    Supressing Menu and Toolbars on Webpage

    Herb Stull, Feb 25, 2004, in forum: ASP .Net
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    489
    Eric Lawrence [MSFT]
    Feb 25, 2004
  4. Phil Amey

    Removing unwanted characters

    Phil Amey, Jan 13, 2004, in forum: Javascript
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    87
    kaeli
    Jan 13, 2004
  5. Replies:
    1
    Views:
    71
    Randy Webb
    May 15, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page