Render HTML doc as Excel

Alien2_51

This is a simple report that is supposed to render as an Excel document, for
some reason it's not anymore, not sure why, I think it's related to
permissions, we recently added a domain user as the anonymous user for the
site, everyone has permissions to the virtual directory where the asp page is
executed.... Can someone give an idea as to why this is not working...?

Here's the error message I'm getting, from Excel:
Microsoft Excel cannot access the file 'http://BLAHBLAH.ASP?queryparams'
There are several possible reasons
* The file name or path does not exist
* The file you are trying to open is being used by another program.

Here's the ASP code...

<%@ LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT"%>
<%
option explicit
Response.Expires = 0
%>

<!--#include virtual="/Include/odbvbs.asp"-->

<%
dim sSQL, anon, begdate, enddate, sortby, oRS

call ConnInit(cINTERNET)

anon = Request("ADDRESSED")
if anon = "Anonymous" then
anon = "true"
end if

begdate = Request("BEGINDATE")
enddate = Request("ENDDATE")
sortby = Request("SORTBY")

if sortby = "Date" then
sortby = "request_date"
end if

sSQL = "Select * "_
& "from requests (nolock) "_
& "where (request_date) >= '" +begdate+ "' AND (request_date) <= '"
+enddate+ "' "
if anon = "true" then
sSQL = sSQL + "AND (email) = 'blank' "
else
sSQL = sSQL + "AND (email) <> 'blank' "
end if

sSQL = sSQL + "ORDER BY " + sortby

'response.write(sSQL)
set oRS = obINTERNET.Execute(sSQL)

call QueueRS(oRS)

if not oRS.EOF then
%>

<% Do While Not oRS.EOF %>

<%
oRS.MoveNext
Loop
%>
<%
end if
%>
<%
oRS.Close
obCC
%>

Alien2_51

I commented the ContentType declaration out and found it somebody removed the
database... The nerve of some people...;)

Bullschmidt

<<
I commented the ContentType declaration out and found it somebody
removed the database... The nerve of some people...;)
Thanks for letting everyone know what the answer was! :)

Best regards,
http://www.Bullschmidt.com