RenderControl and asp:TreeView

GroupReader

When doing a "callback" I normally call a webControl's RenderControl
method to get the html for that WebControl.

This has always worked great in the past, but it does not seem to
work with an asp:treeview control.

When I call MyTreeView.RenderControl, the html that I get is not what
I expected - it's as if all of the styles and properties that I set
on the treeview are not there. Is this a bug in the treeview
control?

How can I get the html of a treeview control during a client
callback?

I know I can use "load on demand" in the treeview, but I am trying to
reload the entire treeview when the user changes some criteria, then
clicks a button. I don't want to refresh the entire page. Maybe
there's a way to rebuild the entire treeview using load on demand?
I'd *really* like to use some form of RenderControl, if possible.

Thanks for your help!

bruce barker

are you calling prerender?, at lot of the tree controls work is done in
prerender.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)