RenderControl and TreeView

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by GroupReader, Mar 29, 2007.

  1. GroupReader

    GroupReader Guest

    When doing a "callback" I normally call a webControl's RenderControl
    method to get the html for that WebControl.

    This has always worked great in the past, but it does not seem to
    work
    with an asp:treeview control.

    When I call MyTreeView.RenderControl, the html that I get is not what
    I expected - it's as if all of the styles and properties that I set
    on
    the treeview are not there. Is this a bug in the treeview control?

    How can I get the html of a treeview control during a client
    callback?

    I know I can use "load on demand" in the treeview, but I am trying to
    reload the entire treeview when the user changes some criteria, then
    clicks a button. I don't want to refresh the entire page. Maybe
    there's a way to rebuild the entire treeview using load on demand?
    I'd *really* like to use some form of RenderControl, if possible.

    Thanks for your help!

    GroupReader, Mar 29, 2007