Rendering extra tags inside an XHTML-MP <head> tag

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Mobile' started by Leonardo Constantino, Aug 8, 2004.

  1. Hi, I was trying to create a generic timer-form for mobile asp.net.

    I followed the gotdotnet tutorial that creates a timerform for
    html/chtml/wml/upwml:

    http://samples.gotdotnet.com/MobileQuickStart/Default.aspx?url=doc/TimerForm.aspx

    Unfortunately it does not work for XHTML-MP (introduced on device update
    4). XHTML uses the same approach as HTML: <meta refresh> inside the
    <head></head> tag.

    I could diagnose the cause of this problem: the class
    System.Web.UI.MobileControls.Adapters.XhtmlAdapters.XhtmlFormAdapter

    does not have a method equivalent to
    System.Web.UI.MobileControls.Adapters.HtmlFormAdapter.RenderExtraHeadElements

    As that would allow me to render the extra <meta> tag inside the
    <head><head> tag.

    What should I do?

    Thank you in advance, I'm pretty much clueless...

    Leonardo Constantino - MCP

    Leonardo Constantino, Aug 8, 2004