    Java. Anyone have any pointers so I don't have to reinvent the wheel?

    Thanks,

    Matt
    Matt S., Feb 25, 2004

  2. "Matt S." ...
    > I need to create a system that renders HTML

    An importatn question here is..
    Do you have complete control over the HTML
    you _receive_?

    If you _generate_ the HTML, or the answer is
    otherwise 'yes',...

    >...within a Java Swing app.

    ....you might consider a JEditorPane.

    > ...but I need a
    > robust and stable engine,...

    ...hmmmm. I do not recall JEditorPanes ever
    being accused of being either robust or stable,
    but you might check them out..

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, Feb 25, 2004

  3. Matt S.

    Ricardo Guest

    Matt S. wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I need to create a system that renders HTML within a Java Swing app.
    > Essentially I have HTML content that I need complete control of as to
    > how it is displayed (e.g. cycle through pages, render a screen in
    > memory of I can apply fade effects etc). So I need essentially a
    > method of rendering HTML to a Java canvas or some other Swing widget.
    > This'll run on Linux, so I am also not adverse to calling on an
    > external system if needs be (Mozilla, FireFox, etc), but I need a
    > robust and stable engine, so I'd be happier to keep everything in
    > Java. Anyone have any pointers so I don't have to reinvent the wheel?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Matt

    Have you tried IceSoft? <http://www.icesoft.com>

    There is also web renderer <http://www.webrenderer.com>. Also, you
    might want to search sourceforge as there used to be a couple of open
    source projects going at one time.
    Ricardo, Feb 25, 2004
  4. Matt S.

    PatriciaLopes