Rendering non-composit Control

MartinL

Hello NG
I'm a newbie with programming controls and
this seems to me a very easy question:

I had create a non composit control.
Inherit from Textbox
Now I want only to write a text over the textbox and a
picture after the textbox.
The control compiled successful and I add the control to my
Toolbox in VS.Studio.
Then with drag and drop I get my Control on the Test.aspx
and all looks fine.
Then I test my Page and all Style Attributes are only on
the inherited Textbox and my Text and Picture displayed at
the beginning of the Page. Then I tested setting a div
around my controls delete the inherited Styles and set
them to the new one: the Controls are all at the same
position and the Textbox layed over the others.
In my opinion this could only a very small problem.
What did I make wrong?? I'm searching now over three days
for a solution and it is to dispair.
Greetings Martin

Guest

OK I know the Problem I think.
When I put the Control with Drag and Drop.
Visual Studio automatic implements a style attribute with
TOP and Left to the control. This Properties get only the
inherited controls. Now I solve the problem very easy when
I cut the style attribute from my control on my webpage.
Perhaps there is another way but this works. The other way
seems to me, that I define a Style Property of my own but
I tested it and there are so may things to keep in mind::