Rendering the page during a delay

Ambush

My aspx is called from an ASP page. I process the request and then
call another ASP page with a few hidden inputs. Currently, when the
page processes, the user is complaining that my code is running too
fast and that my "Please Wait" page flashes by too quickly. I can't
put an inline wait/sleep command, as the page doesn't refresh until the
code is done running. I've tried using a:
content=""5;url=../Ship/voidShipment.asp""></meta>

but this doesn't pass the hiddens. I know that the state isn't passed,
but as the Response.Write is done, all the values are present. Is
there a way to get the meta-refresh to do the same thing as the onLoad?

I've also tried using Response.Flush in the .vb to dump the wait
message to screen, but that doesn't work either.

I apologize that this may be a bit rambling and unclear, please let me
know if you have any questions about what I'm doing...

Here is how I am currently calling the 2nd ASP page.
myNewPage.Append("<body
onLoad=""javascript:document.frmCarryOn.submit();"">" & vbCrLf)
myNewPage.Append("<body>" & vbCrLf)
myNewPage.Append("<form method=""post""
action=""../Ship/voidShipment.asp"" name=""frmCarryOn"">" & vbCrLf)
myNewPage.Append("<input type=""hidden"" name=""ShipmentID""
value=" & Chr(34) & lblShipmentID.Text & Chr(34) & ">" & vbCrLf)
myNewPage.Append("<input type=""hidden"" name=""TrackingNum""
value=" & Chr(34) & lblTrackingNo.Text & Chr(34) & ">" & vbCrLf)
myNewPage.Append("<input type=submit name=""btnSubmit""
name=""submit"" value=""submit"" style=""visibility:hidden"">" &
vbCrLf)
myNewPage.Append("</form>" & vbCrLf)
myNewPage.Append("</body>" & vbCrLf)

Response.Write(myNewPage.ToString)