Rendering using XML and XSLT

Guest

Hi
We are evaluating the process of rendering controls using XML and XSLT in
..Net 2.0
Questions
1. Is there an article which describes the pros and cons and how to go about
rendering?
2. What will happen to the view state , and how do we access the control
values on the server side
Any help will be appreciated
thanks
Sadagopan

sloan

I would advise against this , as a "default" scenario.

xml/xsl to display is pretty good when:
1. You have an xml datasource, and usually you don't control the format.
2. Its read only.

Using the dot net controls (like GridView and Repeater) give you much more
options.

I was a real xml/xsl guy before DotNet, but now I rarely consider it.

Even if you don't control the format, there are other options.

Since you can bind a webcontrol to a DataSet (or rather, one table of a
DataSet), you can consider this option:

http://sholliday.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!A68482B9628A842A!148.entry

This is just one opinion (mine) of course.