    Any help will be appreciated
    thanks
    Sadagopan

    =?Utf-8?B?U2FkYWdvcGFu?=, Jun 29, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U2FkYWdvcGFu?=

    sloan Guest

    I would advise against this , as a "default" scenario.

    xml/xsl to display is pretty good when:
    1. You have an xml datasource, and usually you don't control the format.
    2. Its read only.

    Using the dot net controls (like GridView and Repeater) give you much more
    options.

    I was a real xml/xsl guy before DotNet, but now I rarely consider it.

    Even if you don't control the format, there are other options.

    Since you can bind a webcontrol to a DataSet (or rather, one table of a
    DataSet), you can consider this option:

    http://sholliday.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!A68482B9628A842A!148.entry

    This is just one opinion (mine) of course.

    "Sadagopan" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > We are evaluating the process of rendering controls using XML and XSLT in
    > .Net 2.0
    > Questions
    > 1. Is there an article which describes the pros and cons and how to go

    about

    sloan, Jun 29, 2007