    "binary" gem that I can just install in my N900 without having to
    compile the C extensions again. How do I go about doing this?

    martin
    Martin DeMello, Sep 22, 2010

  2. Martin DeMello

    Luis Lavena Guest

    On Sep 22, 3:24 pm, Martin DeMello <> wrote:
    > I've installed the qtbindings gem in an ARM emulator environment
    > (scratchbox). I'd now like to repackage the compiled code as a
    > "binary" gem that I can just install in my N900 without having to
    > compile the C extensions again. How do I go about doing this?

    Generate a newer gemspec, remove the extension definitions and include
    the resulting .so into the Gem::Specification.

    Then, "gem build my.gemspec"

    Don't forget to adjust the gem specification platform to the ARM one
    so it clearly identifies as binary.

    Read RubyGems Specification documentation for more details.

    --
    Luis Lavena
    Luis Lavena, Sep 22, 2010

  3. On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 12:00 AM, Luis Lavena <> wrote:
    > On Sep 22, 3:24=A0pm, Martin DeMello <> wrote:
    >> I've installed the qtbindings gem in an ARM emulator environment
    >> (scratchbox). I'd now like to repackage the compiled code as a
    >> "binary" gem that I can just install in my N900 without having to
    >> compile the C extensions again. How do I go about doing this?
    >>

    > Generate a newer gemspec, remove the extension definitions and include
    > the resulting .so into the Gem::Specification.
    >
    > Then, "gem build my.gemspec"
    >
    > Don't forget to adjust the gem specification platform to the ARM one
    > so it clearly identifies as binary.
    >
    > Read RubyGems Specification documentation for more details.

    Thanks! When I went to look for the gemspec I noticed that alongside
    it was already a qtbindingsnative.gemspec for that very purpose.

    martin

    Martin DeMello, Sep 22, 2010