Repaint method

Robert

Hi!

I am experiencing some rendering problems when dynamically changing CSS
(width) with both Internet Explorer and Firefox.
In some cases it is just in IE and in other cases just Firefox.
When resizing the browser (1px is enough) everything is positioned
correctly again.

Is there some repaint method that I can call?

Martin Honnen

Robert said:
When resizing the browser (1px is enough) everything is positioned
correctly again.

Is there some repaint method that I can call?

There is e.g.
window.resizeBy(1, 1);
but browser users nowdays can and do configure their browsers to
disallow script any resizing of browser windows.

Perhaps it helps to toggle the CSS display property of the element that
does not render properly.

IE has a method named refresh
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...op/author/dhtml/reference/methods/refresh.asp>
for table element objects but I have never used that.

Robert

Martin said:
There is e.g.
window.resizeBy(1, 1);
but browser users nowdays can and do configure their browsers to
disallow script any resizing of browser windows.

Yes, I don't think it's a good idea, because I don't really want to
resize. I just want to trigger the "repaint" event that is triggered by it.
Perhaps it helps to toggle the CSS display property of the element that
does not render properly.

Hmm I could try and play with that. Maybe turning the display of the
whole body on and off will help.
IE has a method named refresh
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...op/author/dhtml/reference/methods/refresh.asp>

for table element objects but I have never used that.

This actually made it worse :)