Repeater control and checkboxes

Roshawn Dawson

Hi,

I've placed a checkbox server control inside the ItemTemplate of a
Repeater control. I keep getting a parser error for the line of code below:

runat="server" id="<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,
"ID")%>"></asp:checkbox></td>

The error says that the server tag is not well formed. How so?

I even performed another test with the textbox server control. I used
the same databinding syntax for its id attribute, and I get the same error.

Could it be that the Repeater control doesn't allow other controls to
have unique IDs (because the Repeater control does this on its own)?

Thanks,
Roshawn